✅ Week #2 Action Item: Define your goals and priorities
👉 Financial success requires thinking about your goals first.
👉 We often think about the financial product first.
👉 Consider what you want to accomplish and then see what product will help you achieve our goals.
👉 Set your goals with the SMART principles + priority.
- Specific: What do you want to accomplish? Being specific makes the goal achievable.
- Measurable: How much do you need? This allows you to easily determine if you are meeting your goal.
- Achievable: How can you accomplish this goal? This defines if the goal is realistic.
- Relevant: Can you (and will you) meet this goal? Rele- vance makes sure that the goal really matters to you and aligns with the rest of your financial life.
- Time-bound: When do you need to complete this goal? Having a target date gives you a deadline to focus on.
- Priority: How important is this goal? Assigning priority helps you decide which goals to focus on.
- Setting goals and priorities will give you a clear mission for your financial journey.
💭 Habit of the week:
- Think about whether a financial product fits your current needs.
Want to get access to:
- A deeper dive on each weekly action item with insider tips and fillable worksheets?
- A guided walk-through of The Get Ready Method?
- The Get Ready Toolkit, a library of resources and worksheets to help you be financially prepared?
Become a Get Ready Insider and you’ll have access to it all, and more!
PS. As an insider, you will also help support the Get Ready Newsletter and The Get Ready Money Podcast.
Get Ready Insiders:
📝 Access your guided walkthrough, fillable PDF and worksheets for this week’s action item from your dashboard.
Get Ready Money Guide Pros
🤔 Are you guiding your clients and community with their money?
😎 Happy to share that I’m partnering with Insurance Nerds on a community for people who are passionate about engaging with this clients and community in a more meaningful way.
🗣️Discuss how we can integrate financial wellness and financial literacy into our work.
🙋🏻♂️ Change the way you and your clients think about money and financial preparedness by joining The Get Ready Money Guide Pros Group in The Insurance Nerds community.
☺️ This community is open to all who are involved either directly or indirectly with guiding others on their financial journey.
🙌 Hope to see you there!