In this special episode of Profiles in Risk, I preview The Insurance Nexus Insurance AI & Analytics USA Conference (May 2 & 3 – Chicago) by talking AI and claims with Thomas Sheffield, SVP of Specialty Claims for QBE. We discussed:
– Thomas, can you describe what you do?
– What is the challenge in managing claims from Specialty lines vs traditional claims?
– There are many “definitions” of AI, how do you define it?
– How are AI and analytics changing claims? If possible can you provide examples?
– Many people worry about AI disrupting their jobs. What will be the responsibility of claims professionals in a world where we are swimming in data, analytics, and AI?
ABOUT YOUR SESSION
– What is the title of your session?
– Who should attend?
– What are you hoping to have them learn from your session?
Nick Lamparelli is a 20+ year veteran of the insurance wars. He has a unique vantage point on the insurance industry. From selling home & auto insurance, helping companies with commercial insurance, to being an underwriter with an excess & surplus lines wholesaler to catastrophe modeling Nick has wide experience in the industry. Over past 10 years, Nick has been focused on the insurance analytics of natural catastrophes and big data. Nick serves as our Chief Evangelist.